Assistant Gallery Technician (Student Job)
Konschthal Esch is looking to recruit a student to assist with the install of the Deimantas Narkevičius exhibition, opening 24 September 2022.
This is a practical role, assisting with building up the exhibition. The postholder will report to the technical director and work alongside an experienced team of technicians, curators and staff that make the exhibition possible.
This opportunity is suited to a student looking to develop relevant skills and experience with a view to pursuing a career in this area.
- Student of fine arts, scenography or similar
- Capable of working in a team and under direct instruction
- Motivated, precise, curious, punctual, flexible, practical
- Conversational English required
- Experience of working on an exhibition install is an advantage but having the qualities to support an ambitious project and team is most important
- Start: between 15 August and 5 September 2022 the latest (depending on the selected profile)
- End: 24 September
We are looking to expand our pool of experienced freelancers to help with installing and de-installing exhibitions. This role will suit someone with a background in the cultural sector or who has studied fine arts, scenography or similar, and who has proven relevant experience.
- Construction and installation of exhibition furniture and scenography
- Safe handling and packing of art works - Assisting with deliveries, organising materials and keeping workspaces tidy
Exhibition installs are intense working periods and can involve long working days and regular weekend work.
Skills & experience required
- Technically skilled and experienced
- Ability to work independently, in a team and under instruction
- Motivated, precise, curious, flexible
- Strong sense of organisation and time management
- Team player who is happy to work across all areas of the install as required
- Fluent or advanced English required
- Good woodworking skills are an advantage